Remote working has many pros and cons connected with it. On one hand, it gives work independence with location independence and on the other, it has many challenges attached to it. Thousands of people today are remote working and it is gaining popularity day by day. However, one needs to know and get aware of the challenges one will have to face while working remotely.
6 Basic Challenges Of Working Remotely
- Communication Failure: While working remotely there is a lot of lack of communication within the employee and the boss. Furthermore, the communication gets lost and is not delivered properly especially if one is working as a team. Working from home makes one less connected with the team members, who actually are going to the office regularly. However, working remotely leads to communication pitfalls.
- Managing Home And Work Becomes Difficult: Working remotely or from home makes it difficult to manage work and home. However, on one hand, it gives freedom to work as per convenience, and on the other coping with household work becomes very tough. Especially if one is a parent and is remotely working it leads to a sufficient amount of distraction. Kids, cooking, laundry, friends, and relatives need to be managed on a serious note.
- Mismanagement Of Work-Life: Work seems to be unfinished as one is relaxed by working from home. When an individual is working remotely he\she gets the space to work as per preference. This generally leads to mismanagement of work as well as personal life. In this case, planning really helps. Plan the work hours, set time for completing a particular work. Tracking the time taken to finish work also works.
- One Feels Off The Track When One Works Remotely: The communication with the team becomes quite fragmented. Furthermore, one misses on gossips with colleagues over coffee and lunches. Moreover, the feeling of being left out keeps haunting in the back of the mind. This further leads to a loss of connection with friends at office and distraction from work.
- Technology Becomes A Challenge: Working at an office gives a fast internet connection and quick recovery from any problem. However, working remotely leads to an unreliable internet connection. Therefore, when working from home one needs to keep the technology up to date for better connectivity. Hence, for meeting the requirements of the job the internet connections needs to be superb.
- No One To Consult To Immediately When Facing A Work-Related Problem: Working from home leads to no colleague or immediate help when one needs it As there is no one looking over your shoulders and guiding you of what exactly needs to be done. This leads to challenges related to work. However, it is seen that those who work from home cannot give 100% accuracy in the work done.
Finally, one of the basic challenges of working remotely is one gives extra time due to time mismanagement. Furthermore, is also seen that due to lack of time management one does not give proper time to the work given. Being a home worker, the key is to balance the work timings. Staying productive is also the key if one wants to work with 100% accuracy.