About The Event
When we think of “telecommuters,” we often think of one who wants to work from home on a full time or semi part time basis. In a sense, however, almost every worker who performs work outside of the office is a telecommuter. We take our work home with us. We take that laptop home and finish the work there or get up early in the morning and check our emails. We answer our emails off our iPhones or other personal digital devices. And, there are the more traditional telecommuters who indeed work on a full time or part time basis at home. It seems nice that we can have this option where we don’t have to report to the office every single day.
- What do we mean by the “virtual world”?
- Employer legal risks when their employees use cell phones, laptops, etc.
- Legal requirements in protecting safety sensitive information (i.e., social security numbers, personal health information, financial information, etc.)
- Protecting your trade secrets while allowing employees to take work away from the office.
- What do we truly mean by “telecommuting”?
- What does “course and scope of employment” mean in a telecommuting situation?
- How is the workers’ compensation “coming and going” rule used in a telecommuting arrangement?
- What Fair Labor Standards Act should you consider in a telecommuting arrangement like timekeeping, travel time, etc.?
- Are you required to calculate the time an employee answers emails as “working time”? Can you apply the “de minimus” rule?
- What is OSHA’s latest position with regard to telecommuting arrangements?
- Are there circumstances where the Americans with Disabilities Act can require an employer to allow an employee to telecommute?
- What you should consider in a telecommuting agreement.
- What you should have in a cellular telephone policy.
Who Should Attend:
- Senior HR Professionals
- HR Managers & Directors
- HR Personnel
- Employee Relations Professionals
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Susan Fahey Desmond is a principal in the New Orleans office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Jackson Lewis is a labor and employment law boutique firm with offices in over 54 cities across the country. In addition to being a frequent speaker and author, Ms. Desmond is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. The National Association of Professional Women recently named her as a VIP Woman of the Year.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At