About The Event
The air-tight rule of most companies in the past was that an employee was offered one of two types of positions: either full time or part time. As families are sharing child caring responsibilities, these employees are demanding something different. Employers have discovered that they can't just say "no" because another employer down the street is saying "yes." Companies saying "no" are finding themselves losing good valuable candidates to their competitors. And, laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act are now requiring employers to consider flexible working arrangements if such does not impose an undue hardship on the organization. What are the different types of flexible working arrangements and the legal issues arising out of such arrangements? When do the benefits outweigh the risk of litigation? When does litigation outweigh the benefits?
This program will provide answers to these important questions:
- Types of flexible working arrangements, including but not limited to job sharing, flex-time; compressed work weeks, etc.
- Benefits to utilizing flexible work arrangements.
- Problematic practical concerns when considering flexible work arrangements in your workplace.
- Benefit issues for the "perma-temp" flexible working relationship
- Joint employer issues for the "perma-temp" flexible working relationship
- Telecommuting as a flexible work arrangement (one of the most controversial)
- Telecommuting as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA
- Why attendance may not be considered an essential job function
- Privacy and confidentiality concerns arising out of telecommuting arrangements
- What a good telecommuting policy should include
Who Should Attend:
- Senior HR Professionals
- HR Managers & Directors
- HR Personnel
- Employee Relations Professionals
Susan Fahey Desmond is a principal in the New Orleans office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Jackson Lewis is a labor and employment law boutique firm with offices in over 54 cities across the country. In addition to being a frequent speaker and author, Ms. Desmond is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. The National Association of Professional Women recently named her as a VIP Woman of the Year.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Purchase our membership plans to access unlimited webinars and on demand videos. We have multiple plans for our customer.
View Membership Plans