About The Event
Truth is elusive and there is more to know if someone is being less than truthful aside from the fact that their lips are moving. If the focus of your investigation is to establish the facts how then is it possible to find out the truth when the information you are receiving might not be accurate? Being able to know when and if someone is being forthright/candid and truthful is a high-level skill set that, when properly developed can increase one’s value to the organization as well as have its uses on a personal level. This unique and comprehensive webinar will discuss why you might have to deal with inaccurate/incorrect or questionable information and how to identify it, deal with it, and even how to make it work to your and the organization’s advantage.
- Why we deceive.
- Body Language/Demeanor Evidence: Myth or fact?
- The Two Primary Forms of Deception: Falsification & Concealment
- The Three ways to Detect Deception: Emotional Cues, Cognitive Approach and the Attempted Control Approach
- Comparing verbal vs. non-verbal behavior
- Use of Visual & Audio Observation
- Interview Techniques
- Use of “yes” or No” Questions
- Use of single v multiple sessions (for both employees and witnesses)
- Confronting the deceiver
- Why a half truth is a whole lie
- Why and when the deceiver plays the role of victim
- The role of denial for the deceiver
- The elements of and differences between the two primary forms of deception (Falsification & Concealment).
- Methods/techniques to detect deception (Emotional Cues, the Cognitive Approach and the Attempted Control Approach).
- The proper weight to give Body Language/Demeanor Evidence: Myth or fact?
- The proper use of visual & audio observation.
- How to employ the benefits of multiple interview techniques.
- The proper application of “Yes” and “No” Questions.
- The use of single v multiple sessions (for the subject of the investigation and witnesses).
- How to make documentation work for you.
Who Should Attend
All level Managers, Supervisors, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Attorney’s, and Union Officers/Representatives/Stewards, all levels of Law Enforcement or Security staff.
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Bob Oberstein is uniquely qualified with over 48 years of Labor Relations experience on both sides of the table in both the private and public sectors and is the recipient of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director's Award for lifetime achievement in promoting positive Labor Management Relations. Bob also was the Director of the Labor Management Relations BA and certificate programs at Ottawa University, Phoenix where he also developed and taught Labor Relations and Human Resources related courses on both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Bob has several published articles to his credit in addition to his arbitration awards and has also been recognized in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers. Additionally, Bob has served on several boards and commissions and panels where he participated in resolving or adjudicating all manner of workplace issues in a variety of industries. Moreover, Bob also holds a Master of Jurisprudence in Labor and Employment Law from Tulane University's School of Law. Bob has and continues to serve the labor management community as well as other groups as an Arbitrator, Mediator, Facilitator, Investigator, Trainer and Educator.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At