About The Event
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress has provided new employment tax credits and other tax relief.
There have been significant changes made to Form 941 – Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return. Lines have been added to facilitate the reporting of wages and taxes for qualified sick and family leave and the employee retention credit. Additional lines have been added to compute the employer’s tax liability, apply the tax credits to the tax deposit requirements, and indicate elective deferrals of the employer share of Social Security tax.
Employers may use the new Form 7200 to request an advance payment of the tax credits. Form 941 has been revised to include any advance credit in the liability computations.
The collection and enforcement of federal employment taxes remains a priority for the IRS.
The quarterly Form 941 reports employee headcount, wages and tips, taxes withheld from employee pay and employer taxes, and tax liability dates that establish due dates for tax deposits. It is the basis for IRS determination of employer compliance with the requirement to withhold and deposit employee income tax and Social Security and Medicare taxes. The tax liability section and Schedule B provide the basis for the IRS assessment of deposit penalties.
This webinar covers the fundamental aspects of Form 941 including when to use Form 943, Form 944, or Form 945 instead of Form 941. It also covers the determination of the tax deposit period and the due dates for deposits, a line by line walkthrough of Form 941, special adjustments required for certain reconciling items such as fractions of cents, uncollected Social Security and Medicare taxes on group term life insurance and tips, and sick pay.
- When to use Form 941 – Related Forms 944, 943, and 945
- How to report the COVID-19 tax credits and tax adjustments for deferrals and Form 7200 advance payments on Form 941.
- Form 941 fundamentals - A walk through Form 941
- Return Due Dates
- Who should sign the Form 941 and what the signature represents
- Reporting third-party sick pay, group term life insurance, and tips correctly
- How to reconcile the Forms 941 with the Forms W2
- Tax deposit and reporting requirements – How to determine your deposit schedule
- Know how to claim COVID-19 tax credits and tax deferrals on Form 941
- How to report Form 7200 Advance payments
- Know how to prepare an error-free Form 941
- Know when to use Form 941 or the related Forms 944, 943, and 945
- Understand what constitutes taxable wages and why the amounts are different for different taxes
- Know how to report tax amounts and how to make adjustments for rounding errors
- Know the filing due dates
- Understand the proper reporting of federal tax liability
- Know who should sign the Form 941 and what the signature represents
- Know when and how to report third party sick pay, group term life insurance and tips
- Understand the importance of reconciliation of Forms 941 with the Forms W2
Who Should Attend
- Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
- Accounts Payable Supervisors and Personnel
- Public Accountants
- Internal Auditors
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Officers and Managers with Tax Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Industries: Human Resource, Payroll & Accounting, Accounting And Taxation , Payroll, HR Compliance
Pat Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll publications. In addition, he regularly develops and presents webinars and presentations on a variety of topics including Payroll tax issues, FLSA compliance, information returns, and accounting.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At