About The Event
On March 4, 2019, a federal court in Washington, D.C., ordered the Trump administration to reinstate an Obama-era rule that had been placed on hold. The court ruling will require employers to annually report pay data by gender, race and ethnicity to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
EEO-1 Disclosure Requirements
For decades, the EEOC has required private employers with 100 or more employees to annually file an EEO-1 report, which breaks down the number of employees in different job categories by gender, race and ethnicity. Federal government contractors and subcontractors with 50 or more employees also are subject to this reporting requirement.
What This Means for Employers
It is not clear how this ruling will impact the 2018 reporting period, for which the current deadline for employers to file EEO-1 reports is May 31, 2019. As of the date of this Alert, neither the OMB nor the EEOC has commented or provided guidance in response to the court’s ruling. The delay is based on the partial government shutdown.
Notably, the court specifically found that requiring employers to comply with the requirement to report pay data in 2019 would not be disruptive because the pay data requirement had been in place for almost a year before it was blocked and employers have been on notice that the stay could be lifted at any time.
- The EEOC and the impact of the new White House Administration's vision of pay equity
- Historical perspective of the EEOC and the new authority they have in making Employers fear to violate their regulations
- Which Employers are required to complete the EEO-! Report
- How should Employers complete the new EEO-1Reporting form?
- What the pay data proposed to be included in the EEO-1 Report Form?
- The Background of the Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Create a checklist to ensure you submit the correct workplace data
- Review the new EEO-1 Report and other guidelines that are included
- What will other regulations be required for federal contractors?
- Learn how the EEOC and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) are going to use the new data
- Learn how Affirmative Action Programs (AAP) establish corrective actions for Employers who have issues with discrimination gaps
- What job titles do you use to consist of the reporting data you collect
- Learn how conducting an internal audit of pay practices can make Employers heroes to their employees
- Learn what pay bands the EEOC categorizes when they consider pay and compensation data
- Learn what the process is if you are audited by the EEOC or the OFCCP
- Learn how to count employees in multi-state Employer locations
Who Should Attend
- Employers who have federal contracts
- Employers required to complete EEO-1 Reports
- Employers contemplating or in the process of becoming government contractors
- HR professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Leadership Managers who want to be knowledgeable in the area of federal contractors
- Any professional who has the responsibility to manage AAP and EEO-1
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At