About The Event
On-Demand Web Seminar Starts on Wed May 09, 2018
Employers have lots of information on their employees – from social security numbers to disciplinary records. It is impossible to keep everything indefinitely. Destroying documents too soon, however, will inevitably lead to serious consequences. When can you destroy documents safely and legally?
The process of organizing, saving, and destroying company records can be confusing even for a seasoned professional. Save too many files, and your company will pay unnecessary storage fees. Accidentally destroy certain information and you could be vulnerable to costly fines with the DOL or unprepared in the event of a lawsuit. Courts are increasingly issuing significant fines against companies that have destroyed documents that were relevant to the litigation. Sometimes court even enter default judgments in particularly egregious cases. How do you protect your company?
- Controlling the creation, growth and accessibility of company records
- Reducing operating and storage costs
- Improving efficiency and productivity, as well as office appearance
- Guidelines for Policy Development
- Key elements of a policy
- Compliance with retention laws
- Careful and timely destruction of documents
- Required Records and Maintenance of Employee Files
- Employee records to be maintained in personnel files
- Documents related to complaints and investigations
- Federal tax and compensation records
- Employee retirement and welfare benefit plans
- Get the keys to solving record retention issues: what’s required by law?
- Learn how to determine a record’s retention and storage period
- Get tips for a strong electronic record retention program
- Understand how your retention obligations change for paper and electronic records
- Establish policies for electronic records: Email, IM, & Web content
- Understand what records should be kept when an employee leaves
Who Should Attend:
- Company owners
- Human resource professionals
- Record keeping personnel
- Office Manager
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Susan Fahey Desmond is a principal in the New Orleans office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Jackson Lewis is a labor and employment law boutique firm with offices in over 54 cities across the country. In addition to being a frequent speaker and author, Ms. Desmond is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. The National Association of Professional Women recently named her as a VIP Woman of the Year.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At