About The Event
Fringe Benefits are important component for recruiting and keeping high quality employees. But offering those benefits may also bring complex situations regarding taxation and compliance. Employers that don’t know...or think they know...how to properly tax and report fringe benefits often bring serious financial consequences upon themselves and their companies. All fringe benefits must be handled correctly.
- Review FMV (Fair Market Value) and how the IRS determines it.
- Discussion on No additional cost services, employee discounts, working condition fringe benefits & De minimis Fringe Benefits.
- Review qualified transportation benefits
- Discuss several excludable fringe benefits such as Retirement planning, athletic facilities, achievement awards etc.
- Discuss fringe benefits that should be taxable
- Review Moving/Relocation Expenses
- Review executive taxation items, like spousal travel. Company aircraft usage etc.
- Once a benefit is determined taxable, how to handle it
- Brief overview of how to handle any fringe benefits that AP pay.
- Which benefits are taxable - and how they should be reported
- Which benefits are excludable from taxes - and how they should be documented
- How to compute the value of a "good" versus a "service" - and how to handle the payroll tax consequences for those items considered taxable
- How to perform your own internal review to catch anything that may actually cause an audit
- What the IRS guidelines are for an employment tax audit
- What to do if you have some items that should have been considered wages subject to payroll taxation
Participants with walk away with a better understanding of the IRS view on fringe benefit taxation. The details of the IRC exceptions allowed by the IRS will be detailed and explained to participants. Participants will be able to better identify and calculate the fair market value of fringe benefits for taxation purposes.
Companies are providing more fringe benefits to employers more than ever before, thus reduces company cost but raises employee morale. Because of this the IRS has more to say on what Fringe Benefits are taxable and what are not. The IRS for non-taxable fringe benefits puts a lot of regulation around how the fringe benefit is given and when that also determines if a thought non-taxable item may end up being taxable.
Who Should Attend
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
Industries: Payroll & Accounting, Payroll
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
All Access Membership
Let's get unlimited with compliance Prime All Access Membership Plans and Access Hundreds of Courses Each Year.
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Access any Live and On-Demand webinar from your computer, or mobile device.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-527-3477 or chat with us.