About The Event
As whistleblower claims continue to rise, employers must understand how to investigate employee complaints timely and thoroughly. Employers must have procedures in place for internal investigations to foster a supportive work environment and address employee issues before they turn into a regulatory issue or the basis for litigation.
Employers must also ensure their management representatives understand how to effectively interact with a complaining employee after a grievance has been communicated, including dealing with performance issues in a manner that makes clear any adverse employment action is distinct from the employee’s complaint.
This webinar will cover areas to avoid when conducting internal investigations, how effective investigations can manage compliance risks, and investigation-related policies and procedures to help with a company’s organization and management.
Labor & employment; whistleblowing; retaliation; internal investigations
- Various legal obligations required by employers to conduct internal investigations
- Identifying the need for an investigation
- Common causes for investigations
- Fundamentals of gathering the physical evidence prior to witness interviewing
- How to interview the witness
- How to write effective investigation report
- The laws and regulations impacted by employee internal complaints and complaint procedures, including Title VII harassment claims and retaliation provisions
- What an employee complaint procedure should include, how it should be communicated to employees, and tips for implementation
- Effective investigation of internal complaints, and how to share investigation results without crossing confidentiality
- Strategies to ensure supervisors effectively manage employees who have lodged complaints without creating retaliation or regulations liabilities
Who Will Benefit
- Corporate Compliance Officers
- HR Managers
- Loss Control and Risk Managers
Handouts & Reference Material
- Internal Investigation Checklist
- Webinar slides
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Kara M. Maciel is a founding partner of Conn Maciel Carey and Chair of the firm’s national Labor & Employment Practice Group. She focuses her practice on representing employers in all aspects of the employment relationship.
Ms. Maciel works to create workplace solutions for her clients across all industries. She counsels clients on issues related to wage hour compliance, proper classification of independent contractors, prevention of harassment and discrimination, effective employment policies and procedures, developing a compliant employee handbook, effective strategies for labor relations, and managing a unionized workforce. She also defends employers in litigation at both the federal and state levels, including matters related to ADA, FLSA, FMLA, and Title VII.
Ms. Maciel is a popular speaker at conferences and events across the country, including MACMA and IHRSA. Ms. Maciel was recommended in the Labor-Management Relations category of The Legal 500 United States (2013) and selected for inclusion in Washington, DC Super Lawyers (2014-2018).
Ms. Maciel lives in the Washington, DC area with her husband and two young children.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At