About The Event
Fringe Benefits are an important component for recruiting and keeping high quality employees in today’s business world. But the diversity of available fringe benefits can make the area of payroll compliance positively overwhelming!
Let’s face it… complying with the Internal Revenue Tax Code requirements and federal regulations for fringe benefits such as relocation, meals, lodging, educational assistance, health insurance, transportation and third-party sick pay can be complicated. The taxation and reporting for these fringe benefits offered by many companies today are major components of a payroll department’s responsibilities. And with the IRS looking for consistency of treatment—you can’t afford to make a mistake.
As a payroll professional you must know cold—no guessing—when a fringe benefit is taxable and when it is not, when it is reportable and when it is not. Payroll must know when providing a fringe benefit must be considered wages or if it is “tax free”. What if the employee pays some of the cost of a fringe benefit? How does that affect taxing and reporting? Are there dollar limits? Does it become taxable after a certain amount? And after you have mastered all the facts along comes a new tax bill by Congress that can change everything you just learned when it comes to taxing fringe benefits.
All fringe benefits must be handled correctly, under the latest rules, to minimize the chance for penalties and interest to be levied against your company or for triggering larger and more intrusive governmental audits.
Fringe Benefits covered in this event:
- Transportation Fringe Benefits
- What are the four allowable methods to calculate the personal use of a company car
- How to calculate the taxable wages for the personal use of a company vehicle using one of the four accepted IRS methods
- When an auto allowance is considered taxable wages and when it is not
- IRS 132 transportation fringe benefits including parking, bus passes and tokens and bicycles—when to tax and when not too
- Calculating the personal use of a company aircraft even if there is a business trip involved somewhere
- Section 132 Fringe Benefits
- Working Condition Fringe Benefits
- De Minimis Fringe Benefits
- Employee Discounts
- No additional cost services
- Employee Achievement Awards for Length of Service and Safety-the changes under the new tax bill
- Prizes and Awards—Cash and Noncash
- Cell phones
- Gift certificates and gift cards
- Holiday gifts
- Meals, Clothing, Housing and Education Fringe Benefits
- The changes to employer provided relocation under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- On-site lodging taxation and reporting
- Taxing lodging for executives such as vacation condos
- Providing meals for employees—is it taxable or not?
- Are the rules different for on-site cafeterias
- What if the employee pays for the meal—does that affect taxation
- What to do with occasional meals
- Educational assistance programs and taxation
Who can Benefit:
- Payroll Executives/ Managers/ Administrators/ Professionals/ Practitioners/ Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/ Managers/ Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/ Executive Officers/ Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/ Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Industries: Human Resource, Payroll & Accounting, Accounting And Taxation , Payroll, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations. With 40 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over three decades as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today. A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California where she is the instructor for the American Payroll Association’s “PayTrain” online program offered by Brandman University.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited WebinarsSUBSCRIBE NOW
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Watch all live or recorded webinars (up to 120 minutes long). Get instant access to a library of more than 500 high quality courses presented by best-in-class presenters.
CEUs: APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI Credits
Fulfil your recertification requirements by earning CEUs from APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
Get flat 20% discount on Premium Product Category like, Long Hour Webinars.
Call Now At