About The Event
This session will review the current Department of Labor regulations as they apply to the white-collar exemptions to the minimum wage and overtime requirement of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The tests for exemption are the salary basis test, minimum salary requirement, and the duties tests. These tests have changed over the years and are complex and can be confusing. In addition, there are strict record-keeping requirements and salary integrity requirements to prevent the disqualification of the exemption.
Both the federal Department of Labor and State Wage and Hour agencies are engaged in enforcement initiatives concerned with misclassification of employees as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime requirements. Employers are often confused as to which exemptions may apply to a particular employee. Making sure that employees are properly classified as exempt or non-exempt can be a daunting task. Misclassification of employees as exempt can be costly in terms of penalties and back pay awards for overtime compensation.
- The executive, administrative, professional, and selected other exemptions
- The requirements for exemption: the salary basis, salary amount, and duties tests
- The differences in the various types of exemptions.
- Work activities that support exempt status and those that indicate nonexempt status
- Common misconceptions about exempt status, job titles, and salary basis
- Proper application of the federal salary basis test.
- Employer actions that defeat exemption
- Exceptions to the salary basis and salary amount rules
- Why time records matter
- Distinguish between the various types of exemptions.
- Identify whether specific work activities support exempt status or nonexempt status
- Know the common misconceptions about exempt status, job titles, and salary basis
- Understand proper application of the federal salary basis test.
- Identify employer actions that defeat exemption
- Identify exceptions to the salary basis rules
- Explain why time records for exempt employees matter
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Supervisors and Personnel
- Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
- Payroll Service Providers
- Public Accountants
- Internal Auditors
- Enrolled Agents
- Officers and Managers with Payroll or Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Industries: Human Resource, Payroll & Accounting, Accounting And Taxation , Payroll, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Pat Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll publications. In addition, he regularly develops and presents webinars and presentations on a variety of topics including Payroll tax issues, FLSA compliance, information returns, and accounting.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited WebinarsSUBSCRIBE NOW
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Watch all live or recorded webinars (up to 120 minutes long). Get instant access to a library of more than 500 high quality courses presented by best-in-class presenters.
CEUs: APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI Credits
Fulfil your recertification requirements by earning CEUs from APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
Get flat 20% discount on Premium Product Category like, Long Hour Webinars.
Call Now At