About The Event
Given the current COVID-19 Pandemic, Employers are more than ever looking towards the regulatory agencies for guidance to be able to have their employees return to the workforce safely. According to The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) is responsible “To assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women;
- by authorizing enforcement of the standards developed under the Act;
- by assisting and encouraging the States in their efforts to assure safe and healthful working conditions;
- by providing for research, information, education, and training in the field of occupational safety and health.”
With the mixed messages from the medical, political and regulatory agencies, Employers are now confused and have mixed feelings about transitioning their workforce to the new normal.
OSHA has created a Guidance on Preparing workplaces for COVID-19 which has very good components. However, it is not a standard or regulation and not expected to be fully enforced. However, Employers should use the guide as good practice for opening their workplace or transitioning their workforce to the new normal to avoid allegations of unsafe workplace violations by employees and to provide a safe environment for workers.
This training will provide an overview of the OSHA guide and will provide information on how to recall employers appropriately and decrease allegations of discrimination.
- How can Employers use the OSHA guidance to prepare for the COVID-19 in the workplace?
- What other resources should you use to determine if your workplace is ready to manage the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- What industries have the highest risk for managing COVID-19?
- How can the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) be part of any plan to manage the COVID-19 pandemic in the workplace?
- How can Employers maintain safety guidelines to help retain employees?
- Employers need to consider several factors when deciding how they should open to ensure they are not in violation of safety regulations
- Learn where COVID-19 really came from and how the data indicates where it is going
- Learn what regulatory agencies are involved in preparing the workplace for COVID-19 preparedness and compliance
- Learn what COVID-19 symptoms have expanded
- Learn about the important factors that must be considered as you determine re-opening
- Learn how the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) can determine how Employers should proceed with responses by employees for reasonable accommodations
- Learn what other factors determines if employees will return if asked
- What impact does recalling employees have as they consider safety and eligibility of Unemployment Insurance?
- Can Employers legally take the temperature of employees returning to the workplace?
- How Can Employers recall employees without violating discrimination regulations?
- What policies and procedures must be in place to protect Employers and employees?
- Learn how effective communication can help employee retention
- What minimum Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) should be part of any workplace procedures and who should pay for it?
- What is the Employer role in ensuring safety when the workplace opens?
- Which jobs are considered essential, high risk or low risk for COVID-19
- Why should Employers consider the impact of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) when employees reject an order to return to work?
- Learn what other compliance efforts must be considered when re-opening the workplace
Who Should Attend
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
- Large Business Owners
- Company Leadership
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At