About The Event
The IRS has released the final version of the 2020 Form W-4 – Employee’s Withholding Certificate. The new form must be used for all employees who receive their first paycheck after December 31, 2019, and any existing employee’s who change their withholding amount after December 31, 2019.
The new form does not use withholding allowances, so the method for computing withholding has changed. Since existing employees who do not want to change their withholding amount may leave prior Forms W-4 – Withholding Allowance Certificate in effect indefinitely, payroll professionals will have to know how to use both withholding calculation methods.
This webinar will cover the changes to the 2020 W-4, who must provide the employer with the 2020 Form, the method used to compute withholding, the new IRS Publication 15-T – Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods and other information payroll professionals need to know how to stay in compliance in 2020.
- The legal requirement that the employer withhold income tax from employee compensation.
- Information provided on the 2020-W-4 and how it is used.
- 2020-W-4 line by line.
- How to compute withholding for the 2020-W-4 and year W-4 Forms still in effect.
- The new withholding tables – How and when to use them. Example computations.
- The special instructions for non-resident aliens.
- State withholding certificates.
- When employees are required to revise W-4 Forms.
- Requirements for electronic W-4 Forms.
- Penalties for failing to withhold or deposit tax and reporting errors.
- Record retention requirements – how long must an employer keep the forms.
- Understand the employer’s legal obligation to withhold tax.
- Know which employees are required to use the 2020 W-4.
- Know how to calculate withholding for 2020 using both 2020 and prior year W-4 Form information.
- Know what must or must not be included on each line of Form W-4 and how to identify invalid Forms.
- Know how to deal with special problems and situations related to Form W-4 such as non-resident alien forms, lock-in letters, and invalid and questionable employee submissions.
- Be aware of the penalties for non-compliance.
- Know the record retention requirements.
- Be aware of the special requirements for electronic W-4 Forms.
- Be aware of state withholding certificate requirements.
- 2020 Form W-4 with Instructions
- 2019 Form W-4 with Instructions
- IRS Publication 15-T (Draft unless final is released)
- Selected pages from IRS Publication 15 (Draft unless final is released)
Who Should Attend
- Payroll Professional
- Public Accountants
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Employee Benefits Administrators
- Officers and Managers with Payroll or Tax Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel
Industries: Human Resource, Payroll & Accounting, BFSI, Accounting And Taxation , Banking, Payroll, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Subjects: Form W-4 For 2020
Pat Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll publications. In addition, he regularly develops and presents webinars and presentations on a variety of topics including Payroll tax issues, FLSA compliance, information returns, and accounting.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At