About The Event
It is important if not critical for Employers to have an in-depth understanding of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) impacts their company. The ability to manage the idiosyncrasies of the processing of FMLA and how one processing failure can result in thousands of dollars in fines & penalties, auditing by the Department of Labor (DOL), cost of investigations, loss productivity and the cost of misuse by employees. In addition, statistics shows that over 61% of Employers have difficulty managing FMLA leave and intermittent leave.
When you add the complexities of other new mandatory regulations like leave/paid regulations, reasonable accommodation and currently or soon to be legally effective, the possibility of FMLA overlapping with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Drug-Free Workplace, Legalized Marijuana, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Programs, and retaliation claims and how they impact with FMLA.
- Learn What the Department of Labor (DOL) Proposed for the NEW FMLA Forms
- Learn what regulatory agencies enforce FMLA processing and how you can protect yourself from being a target
- Learn how preparing your managers with compliance training can reduce your risk for high penalties as a good faith effort from FMLA violations
- Learn how FMLA overlaps with Legalized Marijuana when it comes to a drug-free workplace regulation
- Learn how Employers can mitigate all the regulations that impact FMLA regulations
- Learn how the ADA can help Employers with FMLA regulations
- Learn how to mitigate the new Paid Leave Regulations in state specific locations
- How does Reasonable Accommodation need to be addressed in FMLA decisions?
- Learn why Employers are at risk for FMLA allegations even when employees don’t ask for FMLA
- Learn how you can create a strategy that works when FMLA users abuse the process
- Yes, Employers can terminate employees who have performance issues who are on FMLA Leave as long as you follow certain steps
- Access forms necessary to process FMLA as required
- What Does the DOL Hope to Change with the FMLA Changes
- Does Reasonable Accommodations have an Impact on FMLA Retaliation
- Learn what tools can be used to streamline a difficult process and make it work for you
- Learn when using a third party administrators (TPA) is the best method of processing FMLA
- Learn what actions are prohibited by the FMLA
- Learn why Employers should ensure they pay health benefit premiums during FMLA even of the employee stops paying
- Learn how to manage intermittent leave during FMLA
Who Should Attend
- Employers of companies with 50 employees or more (or will be over 50 this year)
- Human Resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Professionals who handle employee relations issues
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited WebinarsSUBSCRIBE NOW
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Watch all live or recorded webinars (up to 120 minutes long). Get instant access to a library of more than 500 high quality courses presented by best-in-class presenters.
CEUs: APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI Credits
Fulfil your recertification requirements by earning CEUs from APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
Get flat 20% discount on Premium Product Category like, Long Hour Webinars.
Call Now At