About The Event
In today's job market, attracting the right kind of talent to your company is both an art and a science. And it starts with creating compelling job descriptions that make qualified candidates want to work for you.
To reach top candidates, your job descriptions must actively sell a position using compelling language that paints an authentic picture of the work that's the art. And leveraging the power of search engines, accurate titles and relevant keywords is a must that's the science. This topic will explain how to identify essential functions and write effective job descriptions that can be used to limit the risk of liability.
In this webinar learn how to write effective Job Descriptions and Person Specifications that identify all of the job requirements, and avoid discriminatory language. Writing effective Job Descriptions is one of the most effective ways to clarify expectations and measuring performances. Well-written and up-to-date job descriptions are critical when it comes to recruiting, promoting, and classifying employees; conducting performance reviews; and providing reasonable accommodations. Poorly written Job Descriptions can lead to potential legal issues, and missing out on hiring, training, and performance opportunities. It can be difficult to achieve full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as well.
- Practical tips on review and update existing job descriptions-don't simply rely on older versions
- Correctly and accurately draft job descriptions, so you can ensure they define exactly what the job is and define the "essential functions" of each position
- Use correct language and learn what to keep in and what to leave out
- Use job descriptions in assessing whether to hire or promote, based on an individual's skill set
- Create job descriptions that will support you when you have to make a decision regarding ADA claims for accommodation or other issues
- Correctly classify employees and avoid legal issues regarding overtime
- Write SEO-friendly job descriptions that land you better candidates
- Optimize job descriptions for on-the-go mobile users
- Provide a clear set of objectives to identify the most suitable candidate and what is really needed for the role
- Who is your audience?
- How do you identify essential functions?
- Why must you preserve flexibility?
- Prepare a Job Description to assist with performance management and identify training needs
- What to do before writing a Job Description and Person Specification
- What to include in a Person Specification
- Set out the necessary skills, experience, and qualifications in the Person Specification
- Preparing the Job Description for measuring performance
- Avoiding language that can lead to discrimination claims
- Why is a job description important to assessing reasonable accommodations?
- Consider health and safety obligations for inclusion in the Job Description
- How to use information for job evaluation and hiring
Who Should Attend
- Business Owners
- Human Resources Personnel and Administrators
- Lawyers and Accountants
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Stuart Silverman has been practicing law for over 30 years and is the principal of the Law Offices of Stuart M. Silverman, P.A., located in Boca Raton, Florida. The emphasis of his practice is in the area of labor and employment law, and business and commercial litigation. Mr. Silverman has represented both private and public employers, as well as individual employees in a whole host of complex business disputes and employment settings at administrative levels, and state and federal trial and appellate courts. His extensive employment litigation experience includes claims under age, race, sex discrimination, wage and hour claims, whistleblower and retaliation claims, ADA and FMLA claims, public employee's claims, as well as disputes under employment contracts, non-compete agreements, trade secrets disputes, and partnership breakups. Mr. Silverman is a frequent speaker on his areas of practice. He focuses on helping businesses by taking a proactive approach to their employment and business law needs, and provide assistance with compliance on workforce issues, employment handbooks and policies, employee contracts, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreement, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, contracts and buyouts and severance issues and commercial leases. Mr. Silverman is also a member of The Workplace Violence Prevention Institute ("WPVI") a group formed to investigate solutions and strategies from a proactive and systemic perspective to minimize the risk of workplace violence and school violence, specifically violence caused by employees or former employees or former students. Through tailoring results to each company, each workplace can take simple proactive preventive measures can go a long way to prevent an episode of workplace violence.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At