About The Event
Because more people are using service animals, employers are receiving more requests from employees who want to use their service animals in the workplace.
This brings more challenges for employers to accommodate requests, mitigate requests without violating Reasonable Accommodation, American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). There are many specific requirements about having service animals in the workplace.
Employers can take more control of what is accepted as a Reasonable Accommodation when it comes to service animals and other accommodations as long as it does not create an undue hardship or it follows the criteria for having service animals in the workplace.
- The requirement of having service animals in the workplace
- What does the ADA define as disabilities?
- What does the EEOC opine about service animals in the workplace?
- What are the legal issues when being challenged by the ADA?
- What is the difference between service animal and emotional support or comfort animals?
- What rights do employers have about service animals in the workplace?
- What rights do employees have?
- What challenges do Employers have regarding allowing service animals in the workplace with employees, clients and consumers?
- Are Employers obligated to accept all request for service animals?
- What is a Certified Service Animal?
- What are the rights of customers bringing service animals to location?
- What about employees who are allergic to animals?
- Are other types of animals like pigs, rabbits, birds etc.
- What are the specific guidelines if the request to have a service animal is accepted?
- What are the options of employers when they reject a request because the request does not meet the guidelines?
- Do service animals have to be certified?
- Are the service animals required to wear vests, patches or other uniform?
- What training must be provided if service animals are accepted in the workplace?
Who Should Attend
- Business Owners
- HR professionals
- Office Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Workplace Compliance professionals
- Professionals responsible for paid and unpaid leave management
- Safety Committees
- Reasonable Accommodation Auditors or Trackers
- Any person wanting to keep up to date with workplace regulations and not pay fines and penalties
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At