About The Event
The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has historically provided oversight to public Employers with union activity. However, not many Employers know that the NLRB also oversees private Employers without unions? For many years the focus of the NLRB has been to ensure that all employees are not prevented from speaking to other employees about their work environment including their salaries, work conditions, discussion about supervisors on social media, union activity and benefits. Many well-known Employers like Walmart, Target, Amazon, and other companies have felt the brunt of the NLRB pressures to ensure employees have the “Concerted Activity” protections going as far as litigation and fines and penalties of those companies preventing concerted activity protections.
In my workplace compliance experience, employees review the handbook when they are new employees coming onboard to company and when they are considering leaving the company or when they are considering suing the company.
- As of June 2018, the NLRB has loosened the grip of Employers by allowing Employers to add policies that focus on protected activity with a focus on “civility policies”.
- These new definitions allow Employers to create policies restricting certain behaviors that were previously restricted (gossiping, speaking negatively speaking about their supervisors and other negative behaviors).
- Effective July 1, 2018, these civility policies can give the power back to Employers to manage behaviors that were previously allowed but not embraced.
- Did you know that Employee Handbooks can be a risk or a benefit for Employers?
- For years an Employee Handbook has been one of the first documents employment law attorneys request when they are planning to pursue workplace charges against an Employer.
- Shouldn’t you ensure that your employee handbook protects your company instead of exposing it to numerous risk?
- Let us help you create an employee handbook that will reduce your companies risk and help you mitigate the numerous workplace regulations that can impact your company.
- To understand the NLRB and their role with private and public Employers
- How does “Concerted Activity” regulations impact Employers and Employees
- Why are private Employers part of the oversight by NLRB
- How are employee handbooks impacted by the new guidelines?
- What changes need to be made in employee handbooks based on these changes?
- How can Employer re-claim their control of negative employee behaviors?
- Learn how updating your employee handbook can reduce risk for allegations of negative termination, wrongful terminations and other workplace discrimination;
- Learn what policies must be added to employee handbooks for 2019;
- What about social media policies now that the NLRB has shifted their position;
- Learn what policies must be part of all new handbooks;
- Ensure what policies must be updated or risk violations of workplace regulations
Bonus Handout: Free Employee Handbook Checklist of Policies for 2019!
Who Should Attend
- Board of Directors
- Leadership & Executives
- Program Managers, Office Managers (with HR Roles)
- HR Workplace Compliance Professionals (Officers, Directors, Managers and Specialists
- HR Professionals
- Office Managers and/or any professional on-boarding new hires
- Senior HR Professionals
- Operations Professionals
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At