About The Event
The best way to find out what your employees want and how to retain them is to ask them. Ask questions to gauge how you're meeting your employee's expectations. Not just "How's it going?", but specific questions to get specific answers. Explore why these people remain with your company. Why did they join the organization? How well are their objectives or dreams being fulfilled? Which aspects of their work do they enjoy the most? Which do they least enjoy? Are they receiving sufficient opportunities for growth and development? What would influence them to look elsewhere?
The stay interview is a one-on-one interview between a manager and a valued employee. Its aim, quite simply, is to learn what makes employees want to keep working for you. Likewise,it's designed to elicit what might motivate them to leave. In an effective 30-minute stay interview, managers ask standard, structured questions in a casual and conversational manner. It's not a performance discussion but rather a "let me get to know you and your goals" discussion.
The stay interview is an opportunity to build trust with employees and a chance to assess the degree of employee satisfaction and engagement that exists in a department or company. Stay interviews are preferable to employee satisfaction surveys because they:
- Provide a two-way conversation and a chance to ask questions
- Get more in-depth understanding of that employee's current motivation
- Offer managers the opportunity to quickly reinforce the positives and deal with the employee's concerns
Why should you Attend: A recent Harvard Business Review article 'How to Keep Your Top Talent' warns that 25% of your top talent plans to jump ship in the next year. The results for engagement and effort are even more alarming, since about a third of employees surveyed admit to phoning it in at work. That's bad news if you believe that staying competitive relies on the passion, drive and creative energy of talented people.
Many firms use exit interviews to find out why employees are leaving their jobs. Unfortunately, asking an employee on their last day "why are you leaving?" doesn't provide useful information in time to prevent the turnover. A superior approach is a "stay interview" because it occurs before there is any hint that an employee is about to exit the firm. A stay interview helps managers understand why employees stay so that those important factors can be reinforced. They also signal frustrations that can be nipped in the bud before they drive the employee to start looking elsewhere.
The Benefits of Stay Interviews:
- They stimulate the employee: Most employees are excited simply by the fact that the organization is concerned about their future and that their manager took the time to consult with them.
- They're personalized: Unlike engagement surveys and many other retention tools that are focused on what excites a large number of employees, this approach is customized to a single identifiable individual and their wants.
- They're limited to key employees:By having a "stay" discussion exclusively with your key employees who are at risk of leaving, you focus the manager's effort and you minimize the overall time that the manager must devote to retention.
- They include actions: Unlike exit interviews, which only identify problems, stay interviews also encourage the parties to identify actions that can improve the employee experience and actions that can help eliminate any major turnover triggers.
- They are inexpensive: These informal interviews don't require a budget. In most cases, a half to an hour of a manager and an employee's time are the only major cost factors.Adding stay interviews to your engagement and strategies can help your organization retain critical employees.It's the single best tool you can give managers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Identify five key factors that impact an employee's desire to stay or leave
- Recognize four possible "triggers" that cause the employee to consider leaving
- Learn how to ask probing questions and conduct effective, efficient stay interviews
- Survey a list of eight retention actions to increase employee's loyalty and commitment
- Review a sample of stay interview questions and develop your own customized list to ask
- Discover how to develop stay plans for your employees and manage accountability
- Develop a simple "how-to-toolkit" that includes who to select,how and when to approach,interview formant and how to handle possible resistance
Who Will Benefit:
- VP of Human Resources
- Chief Learning Officer
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Human Resources Professionals
Industries: Human Resource, Performanace Management
Marcia Zidle is a board certified executive coach, business management consultant and keynote speaker, who helps organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets.
She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government and nonprofits.
She brings an expertise in strategy and alignment; social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She has been selected one of LinkedIn Profinder’s top coaches for 2016.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At