About The Event
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the enforcement arm for workplace discrimination with the authority to investigate, make charges, conduct workplace audits and levy penalties. The EEOC also provides guidance and tools to assist certain Employers to ensure that they do not allow or tolerate workplace discrimination. To that end, Employers obligated to submit workforce data in the form of EEO-1 Reporting. Effective February 2016, the EEOC led by President Barack Obama, established new EEO-1 reporting guidelines to ensure that Employers are accountable for pay equity initiatives. While most agree in theory that men and women should be paid equally for the same job, Employers pushed back on this reporting criteria stating undue burdensome data collection as well as complained about the high cost for Employers to collect the new data.
Based on those factors and other political differences, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) stopped the EEO-1 pay data reporting as late as August 30, 2017. Although some Employers are thrilled with this “stay of execution”, the suspension is in effect to review and possibly re-introduce the pay equity discussion.
What does this mean for Employers? Well it does not mean that Employers should rest on their laurels. For compliance professionals, it means that the requirements can return therefore, Employers should consider preparing in case pay and compensation data collection is resumed.
- The EEOC and the impact of the new White House Administration's vision of pay equity
- Historical perspective of the EEOC and the new authority they have in making Employers fear violating their regulations
- Which Employers are required to complete the EEO-1 Report
- How should Employers complete the new EEO- 1Reporting form?
- What pay data was proposed to be included in the EEO-1 Report Form?
- The Background of the Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Create a checklist to ensure you submit the correct workplace data
- Review the new EEO-1 Report and other guidelines that are included
- What other regulations will be required for federal contractors?
- Learn how the EEOC and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) are going to use the new data
- Learn how Affirmative Action Programs (AAP) establish corrective actions for Employers who have issues with discrimination gaps
- What job titles do you use to be consisted with the reporting data you collect
- Learn how conducting an internal audit of pay practices can make Employers heroes to their employees
- Learn what pay bands the EEOC categorizes when they consider pay and compensation data Learn what the process is if you are audited by the EEOC or the OFCCP
- Learn how to count employees in multi-state Employer locations
- Learn what Exempt and Non-Exempt classifications are used to determine accurate classification for OFCCP and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Learn that the pay and compensation suspension does not preclude Employers from filing the VETS Form 4212
- Decide if you should have your AAP and EEO-1 Form completed by a legally qualified Third Party Administrator (TDA) manage your requirements. Decision should be based on size of Employer's employee base, number of locations, internal resources available, administrative burden and if you have been audited in the past.
Who will Benefit
- Employers who have federal contracts
- Employers required to complete EEO-1 Reports
- Employers contemplating or in process of becoming government contractors
- HR professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Leadership Managers who want to be knowledgeable in the area of federal contractors
- Any professional who has the responsibility to manage AAP and EEO-1
Bonus Handouts: Checklist to complete the EEO-1 Report will be offered to all attendees
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited WebinarsSUBSCRIBE NOW
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Watch all live or recorded webinars (up to 120 minutes long). Get instant access to a library of more than 500 high quality courses presented by best-in-class presenters.
CEUs: APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI Credits
Fulfil your recertification requirements by earning CEUs from APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
Get flat 20% discount on Premium Product Category like, Long Hour Webinars.
Call Now At