About The Event
Employers should know that the employee handbook is one of the documents that is reviewed by attorneys who are looking to sue them. Having an employee handbook is critical to a company and having it updated with all the necessary policies is crucial. Labor research has proven that Employers have a delay in implementing new regulations and adding it to Employee Handbooks or stand-alone policies.
New regulations go hand in hand with employee handbook and standalone policy updates. As a compliance officer, I am always providing support to Employers and professionals and see what the gaps are when protecting employees. Federal, State, and local regulations have an impact in maintaining workplace compliance and Employers need to be aware that when Federal, State and Local regulations clash the regulations with the most benefit for the employees supersedes.
That is why it is important to be aware and follow all workplace regulations.
Now more than ever, Employers need to ensure employee handbooks are up to date, consistent, includes all new regulations and changes that involve the workplace. This training will focus on some of the major errors that are made when updating employee handbooks and how to avoid some of the large penalties.
Why Should You Attend?
No matter what state you do business in, or how many employees you have, you will be subject to state and federal employment laws. Your handbook not only communicates these various entitlements and obligations to employees but is useful in demonstrating that your organization strives to be compliant with these regulations. Do not underestimate the legal impact your employee handbook can have on you risk strategy!
- Learn what policies must be included for 2022
- 2022 Federal regulations are already listed for employee handbooks
- Learn what policies are consistently missed by Employers
- Which handbook errors impact COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Why do Employers need to be aware of what the NLRB updates are on employee handbooks?
- Common mistakes
- Updates on policies for masks and vaccines that need to be included in employee handbooks
- New update called bystander discrimination and harassment reporting and what is the Employer risk
- State regulations need to be revised with over 18 new regulations impacting COVID-19 vaccines mandates, sexual harassment
- Learn how the At-Will statement can cause litigation nightmares
- Learn why grooming and dress code policies can be discriminatory practice
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was updated to include sexual orientation by the Supreme Court in 2020 but Employers have not updated their handbook
- Learn how tracking reasonable accommodation requests for Covid-19 can avoid disability and discrimination allegations
- Learn how workplace vaccine mandates need to be updated in the employee handbook
- Learn why teleworking policies are a landmine if not written appropriately
- Learn how vaccine mandates by safety in the workplace enforcement by OSHA needs to be included even though it has not been established
- Learn how the Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) can be a huge benefit when trying to manage employee relations issues
- Why are complaint procedures creating havoc for Employers?
Who Should Attend
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- HR Professionals
- All professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At