About The Event
This webinar concentrates on preparing the department for the end of the calendar tax year and the new year processing. Topics include reconciling, completing and submitting Form W-2 federal and state; update to annual changes from the IRS, SSA, DOL and on the state level; and best practices that will help make the year-end and year beginning go smoother.
Preparing for year-end should not begin in October or November as it may have in the past. Preparation should begin in January and be conducted throughout the calendar year. This is especially important now as the IRS is looking at year-end compliance issues. In this webinar we will give the latest best practices to help your payroll department transition from a year end crunch to a smooth and compliant year end process. We will discuss how check lists can help keep you on track to ensure all tasks are completed. How a simple two-page memo can prevent dozens of employee questions. We will cover how your duplicate Form W-2 request form and procedures should be set up and in place in advance of issuing the forms and how it will assist you when processing those requests in the upcoming year.
We will provide example of check lists that should be prepared for each year end to assist in a smooth transition. We will also provide updates for calendar year 2022 on such items as social security wage base, deferred compensation limits, mileage rates and Forms W-2 and 941. This webinar will provide a sample of a form to request a duplicate Form W-2 that can be used by the attendee in their own department as well as information on setting up the procedures for requesting the form. We will discuss how to work throughout the year to collect information from accounts payable for year-end instead of trying to obtain all the information in December. We will demonstrate how this helps smooth out the year end processing and relieve year end stress for both departments. We will provide the basis for a year end memo to help payroll departments inform the company’s employees of what lies ahead for the upcoming year to help curtail questions during this hectic time for payroll.
We will also cover any late-breaking legislation/regulation changes—including COVID-19 reporting changes to Form W-2
Information covered in the presentation:
- Latest update on the Form W-4 for 2022!
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done
- Update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, and more.
- How to use the required year-end notice to update your employees for the coming year
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end including action item check lists for Form W-2, Year end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
- Status review of Publication 1494 for 2022
- Changes to Form W-2 for 2021
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long as is now expected by the IRS
- Taxation of fringe benefits for year-end including awards and prizes, personal use of company cars and gift certificates
- Latest update on white-collar exemptions
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more
- Review of EFW-2 record changes for tax year 2021
- Verifying employee names and SSN’s
- Review of filing deadlines
- Third Party Sick Pay reporting
Who will Benefit:
- Payroll Executives/ Managers/ Administrators/ Professionals/ Practitioners/ Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/ Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/ Executive Officers/ Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/ Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues for Year End closing and preparing for the upcoming year.
Industries: Human Resource, Payroll & Accounting, Accounting And Taxation , Payroll, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations. With 40 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over three decades as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today. A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California where she is the instructor for the American Payroll Association’s “PayTrain” online program offered by Brandman University.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At