About The Event
– fire, smoke, soot, and water damage – insurance rate hikes – resident complaints –
– extensive cleaning to turnover units – the risk to residents and staff of life and limb –
These are some of the woes that can be minimized with the adoption of thoughtful no-smoking and no-candle policies at your property.
Both private, market-rate complexes and public, subsidized properties across the country have implemented such policies and you can, too! In fact, HUD has required that public, multi-family properties have a no-smoking policy since 2018 and the American Lung Association and public health agencies nationwide have collaborated for years to provide extensive research, resources, and toolkits to make the transition as easy as possible for housing providers.
We’ll look at the market demand for properties with such policies. And, even more importantly, we’ll review fair housing implications such as what to do when religious and reasonable accommodations requests are made that conflict with the policy.
This resource-packed session will provide you with several sample documents including:
- implementation timeline and policy checklist,
- resident survey,
- resident notices,
- lease addendum,
- enforcement plan, and much more.
- fire safety tips, and
- tips to share with residents using candles for religious purposes.
Upon completion of this session, you will be able to…
- Make an informed decision about whether to adopt a no-smoking and / or no-candles policy
- Choose the type of policy and implementation plan that makes the most sense for your community
- Review local / state laws specific to your area that may impact or inform your choices
- Engage residents in the plan, utilizing positive, proactive communiqué
- Enforce the policy utilizing skills and procedures that are already familiar to your team and your residents
Who Should Attend
- Leasing managers and on-site managers
- Portfolio managers
- Compliance officers
- Resident services coordinators (in affordable housing communities)
- Community concierges (in high-end housing communities)
- Independent landlords or small, “Mom and Pop” operators
- Service technicians, lead technicians, maintenance supervisors
- Homeowners association and community managers
Industries: Construction & Housing, Affordable Housing
A Realtor®-turned-fair housing advocate, Jo Becker was a licensed housing provider for 8 years before working for a statewide fair housing nonprofit for 10 years. There she trained over 10,000 individuals to consistently rave reviews. Jo’s focuses on training housing providers including property managers, maintenance and service technicians, and private landlords. She has also studied emergency preparedness and disaster response with a focus on animals since 2005. She often combines the two bringing urgent, timely information about animals-in-housing to the housing industry. Today Jo’s career consists of an unexpected alchemy of public speaking and writing on topics that blend lifelong passions and multiple career experiences. Regardless of topic or audience, Jo’s aim is to inform, empower, and inspire with historical and relatable context, understandable concepts, and bottom line considerations.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At