About The Event
Are you tired of applying the same old discipline with the same old mediocre results? Is traditional progressive discipline (verbal, written suspension and termination) or even positive discipline always the best choice? Are these your only options? Absolutely not! There are alternative approaches which can simultaneously empower an employee’s positive and sustained behavior change, increasing their accountability while preserving and respecting their dignity. This webinar will introduce several alternative approaches designed to evolve the disciplinary process from punishment into empowerment, accountability and long-term behavior changes.
- Purpose(s) of workplace discipline
- Brief overview of progressive and positive discipline
- Pros & cons of progressive and positive discipline
- Why and how poor or no follow-up can sabotage the best disciplinary action.
- Writing the Memorandum of Understanding (with or without a Collective bargaining Agreement).
- Preserving all parties’ rights.
- How to empower employees like adults by:
- Proper use of Decision-Making Leaves (DMLs) in any disciplinary system
- Applying the “Limbo” agreement to Verbal, Written and Suspension discipline
- The 90-60-45-30 Program
- Proper use of Last Chance Agreements (LCA’s)
- Seniority Pre-Award conference
- Conditional discharge
- How to avoid setting a precedent or establishing a past practice.
- Frequent Fliers (repeat offenders & recidivism)
You will learn:
- How to:
- apply the principles of empowerment, self-determination, and individual need to change behavior.
- Stop/mitigate victimization perceptions by both managers as well as employees.
- Mitigate/eradicate recidivism (backsliding)
- Increase levels of communication and accountability for both managers and employees.
- Use the device “Following Up=Following Through” to set an example for all.
- Use alternatives to discipline to either make necessary changes of a “good” case, even better by the appeals process.
Who Should Attend
All level Managers, Supervisors and, executives. All levels of both in-house and outside counsel. All levels of Union representation and officers (Stewards, Business Representatives/agents, Business Managers/agents, Presidents, and all officers and executive board members). All levels of Human Resources, Employee Relations, Ombudspersons, Labor Relations, mediators (internal and external).
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance, Performance Management
Bob Oberstein is uniquely qualified with over 48 years of Labor Relations experience on both sides of the table in both the private and public sectors and is the recipient of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director's Award for lifetime achievement in promoting positive Labor Management Relations. Bob also was the Director of the Labor Management Relations BA and certificate programs at Ottawa University, Phoenix where he also developed and taught Labor Relations and Human Resources related courses on both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Bob has several published articles to his credit in addition to his arbitration awards and has also been recognized in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers. Additionally, Bob has served on several boards and commissions and panels where he participated in resolving or adjudicating all manner of workplace issues in a variety of industries. Moreover, Bob also holds a Master of Jurisprudence in Labor and Employment Law from Tulane University's School of Law. Bob has and continues to serve the labor management community as well as other groups as an Arbitrator, Mediator, Facilitator, Investigator, Trainer and Educator.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At