About The Event
When contractors encounter owner-caused (excusable/compensable) delays they are typically entitled under the contract to recover both the time resulting from the delay as well as delay damages. Idled equipment/labor and material escalation costs are reasonably easy to calculate in such situations. Typically, contractors also seek to recover their delay costs (extended field office overhead or general conditions costs) also. Calculating this cost is more complex than dealing with delayed direct costs. There are, at least, eight methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs. None of the calculations arrive at the same daily delay cost. This webinar by industry expert James G. Zack, Jr., discusses all eight methods – offering commentary on the strong and weak points of each. The paper also offers recommendations on how project owners can resolve this dilemma in advance of delays, thus making the issue less contentious should a contractor encounter an owner-caused delay.
Why Should You Attend
After attending this webinar you will have a better understanding of the issues concerning the pricing of contractor delay damages. Contractors will gain knowledge about the various methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs. Owners will learn some contractual methods for predetermining this element of delay costs in order to prevent the need for the end of the job audits or disputes over such costs.
- Learn about the recoverability of extended field office overhead costs in the event compensable delay arises on a project.
- General Contractors will gain information on the various accepted methods of calculating this element of delay damages.
- Owners will be exposed to various methods of specifying this element of delay damages in contracts in order to avoid disputes, later on, should a compensable delay occur.
- Owners and contractors will receive information on what costs should be deducted from this element of delay damages prior to the submittal of costs in a claim.
- Owners will gain insight into the issue of the contractor’s obligation to mitigate damages in the event of the owner caused delay.
- In this webinar attendees will learn about the recoverability of extended field office overhead costs, including what field office overhead is and the typical elements of this cost.
- Attendees will be exposed to the basics of calculating extended field office overhead costs.
- The webinar will discuss the various actual cost methods for calculating extended field office overhead.
- The webinar will explore the various total cost methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs.
- The webinar will discuss how the jury verdict method may be used to make this delay damage calculation.
- Attendees will learn how stipulated contract methods concerning field office overhead may be employed.
- The webinar will identify what costs must be deducted from the submission of field office overhead costs by the contractor.
- The contractor’s obligation to mitigate damages will also be discussed.
Who Should Attend
- Owners & Contractor Project Managers
- Resident Engineers & Architects
- Agency Construction Managers
- Construction Managers@Risk
- Design Managers
- Legal Counsel representing project participants
Industries: Construction & Housing, Construction Law
Jim is the Principal, James Zack Consulting, LLC. Formerly Senior Adviser, Ankura Construction Forum™, Executive Director, Navigant Construction Forum™, and previously Executive Director, Corporate Claims Management Group, Fluor Corporation. Prior to this, Vice President of PinnacleOne and Executive Director of the PinnacleOne Institute and earlier a Senior Construction Claims Consultant for CH2M HILL. For more than 49 years, he has prepared and submitted claims for contractors or analyzed and resolved or defended claims for both public and private owners in 36 states in the U.S. and 39 countries abroad. He is a Fellow of AACE, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Guild of Project Controls, and the Society of Construction Claims Specialists. In the construction claims field, he is a recognized and published expert in mitigation, analysis and resolution or defense of construction claims and disputes. Jim has authored or co-authored 125 articles, papers, or book chapters related to the many aspects of construction claims. He is a Certified Construction Manager, a Certified Forensic Claims Consultant, an Expert Certified Construction Claims Specialist, an Expert Certified Construction Delay Analyst, and a Project Management Professional.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At