About The Event
Why should you attend this webinar?
- Distinguish between supplemental wage payments and regular wage payments and identify wage payments that are neither supplemental nor regular.
- Compute withholding using each of the methods specified for supplemental wages.
- Apply critical options and exceptions to the general rules.
- Identify and apply the rules to common and not so common examples of supplemental pay.
- Apply the rules apply to severance pay, deferred compensation, and other post-termination payments.
- Determine when the 22% flat rate may be used and when it is not allowed.
- Determine when the 37% flat rate must be used and how to apply it to supplemental wage payments.
- Avoid failure to withhold penalties.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Why Congress distinguished supplemental pay and enacted special rules for computing withholding.
- Definitions and examples of supplemental and regular compensation including optional treatment and exceptions.
- A detailed description of methods used to compute withholding on supplemental pay including examples.
- When optional methods may be elected and when they may not.
- When the mandatory flat rate method must be used and situations in which the employer has options.
- The effect of Form W-4 claims and regular pay period on supplemental pay withholding.
- Record keeping required for compliance with mandatory flat-rate withholding rules.
- Penalties for failure to withhold and penalty avoidance.
- Application of the rules to specific examples of supplemental pay situations.
Who Will Benefit
- Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
- Payroll Consultants
- Payroll Service Providers
- Public Accountants
- Internal Auditors
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Employee Benefits Administrators
- Officers and Managers with Payroll or Tax Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers.
Industries: Human Resource, Payroll & Accounting, Accounting And Taxation , Payroll, HR Compliance
Pat Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll publications. In addition, he regularly develops and presents webinars and presentations on a variety of topics including Payroll tax issues, FLSA compliance, information returns, and accounting.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At