About The Event
Dec of 2017 The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act were passed and it was one of the most significant tax changes in sometime. This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand the changes to the form W-4 for 2018 and to review the recently released draft on June 8th of the 2019 W-4 Form. Before changes the Form W-4 was a critical form that all companies have to obtain from employees and has had special processing requirements. A review of the IRS specific laws around processing of the Form W-4 and how they should be handled will be discussed.
Why Should You Attend?
- Form W-4 changes for 2018 due to tax reform and review of the 2019 draft W-4 released by the IRS.
- Understanding the proper way to process a federal W-4
- How to handle a tax protestor?
- What should be the proper process for an invalid W-4?
- Proper processing and maintenance of a IRS lock in letter
- Understanding the requirements around Form W-4 and how an employer can be at risk
- IRS Form W-4 change requirements and how it affects you as an employer
- Employer notification requirements and important deadlines for both Form W-4
- Discussion on what make the Form W-4 invalid
- Lock in letters from the IRS and how to handle
- What are the changes to personal exemptions from tax reform and how it will impact the Form W-4
- W-4 worksheet changes and requirements of when employees need to provide updated forms
Learning Objectives :
- W-4 Requirements
- Electronic W-4’s
- Completing the Form W-4
- Invalid Form W-4
- Exempt W-4 Processing
- W-4P & W-4S Forms
- Other W-4 guidance
- Lock in letters
- Substitute W-4
- Non Resident Alien W-4 Processing
- 2019 IRS Draft Review
- What the 2019 form tells us about payroll taxation in 2019
Who Should Attend
- Payroll professionals
- HR Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Purchase our membership plans to access unlimited webinars and on demand videos. We have multiple plans for our customer.
View Membership Plans