About The Event
This HUD Compliance Kit Includes:
- HUD Guidance On Criminal Background Checks
- HUD Waiting List & Tenant Selection Plan
- When And How To Verify Disability After Receiving An Accommodation Request
- REAC Inspection Revised Rules: Get Ready
- Fair Housing For Maintenance Staff: Latest Updates
- Historic Preservation And HUD (Latest Updates)
- Senior Living: All You Need To Know
- Pet Policies And Assistance Animals
- How does this ruling affect development activities going forward?
- Understanding the new HUD guidance letter and the impacts it will have on property owners and managers when it comes to applicants applying to your property who have a criminal or felony background, especially when you have a blanket policy of not allowing anyone with a criminal background.
- How the ruling affects certain protected and non- protected classes.
- What is the difference between arrests and convictions and how does that pertain to the guidance letter.
- Selecting tenants
- Matching Applicants on the Waiting List to Available Units
- Creating and Maintaining Waiting Lists
- Opening and Closing the Waiting List
- Placing Families with Disabled Family Members
- Documenting Changes to Waiting Lists
- What are the correct ways to do a verification?
- What are the different forms available?
- What are the timeframes?
- What type of verification is needed?
- What does HUD say about verifications?
- What are the latest updates to UPCS rules
- How are these rules interpreted
- How often will we be inspected?
- What do the scores mean?
- What are my rights during an inspection?
- What are Exigent Health and Safety Items and how are they mitigated?
- What are the costs of a fair housing violation?
- How often is training needed?
- ADA and Fair Housing
- Develop and implement multiple Historic Preservation Plans
- Understand what kinds of properties can be restored
- Economic activities which come under the purview of historic restoration
- Acquisition, construction and reconstruction rules
- Differentiate between private or non-profit preservation activity
- Knowledge of programs: HUD, LIHTC and Section 515 to provide rental assistance to residents
- Tools to develop, maintain, market, and be in compliance with federal occupancy rules for subsidized programs for senior properties
- Understand the legal and practical basis for making room for pets: common misconceptions, and what the Fair Housing Act considers “reasonable accommodations” for seniors with service or companion animals
- What needs to be in your policy
- Fair housing basics concerning reasonable accommodation
- How to handle a request
- How to evaluate the request
- And a lot more
Industries: Construction & Housing, Affordable Housing
Paul has been involved in the real estate industry for the past 38 years. He has been involved in sales, construction, project management, appraisal, property management and property management consulting/training.
Through his consulting company, Property Management Solutions, he provides training and consulting services nationwide to owners, management companies, multi-housing associations, as well as state and federal agencies.
He specializes in fair housing issues and has developed fair housing and outreach programs for governmental agencies as well as conducting seminars which are presented to property management companies, apartment associations and the general public nationwide. Most recently, he has been a consultant to the State of South Dakota. In this assignment he has developed a fair housing awareness program that is one of the first of its kind in the nation. It involves a three pronged approach to fair housing awareness. This approach makes use of an ombudsman concept and has proven to be very effective in dealing with discrimination and landlord/tenant issues.
For over twenty years he was involved in appraisal of residential, multi-family, farm and commercial properties throughout the Midwest. Most recently, he was a consultant for affordable, multi-housing properties in 22 different states. This involved properties in HUD, Rural Development, HOME and Tax Credit programs.
He holds numerous professional property management designations and currently holds the prestigious RHM designation from the National Center for Housing Management.
Paul was previously Vice President of the South Dakota Multi-Housing Association, Vice Chairman of the Minnehaha County Housing and Redevelopment Commission, and Chairman of the Sioux Falls Property Appeals Board. In 2009, he received the Outstanding Educator of the Year award from the South Dakota Multi-Housing Association.
Paul just authored a book which was released in January of 2015. It is titled: “Fair Housing: What Everyone Should Know”. This is a comprehensive book about the fair housing written with a property manager’s perspective and with real world examples. It is a great resource for anyone.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At