About The Event
I9 Violation can cost you big, learn more about violation, audit, penalties & more
Immigration attorney Bruce Buchanan, the co-author of I-9 and E-Verify Handbook, will discuss the 5-fold increase in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) enforcement, through I-9 Inspections, and the doubling of ICE penalties to a maximum of over $2200. per I-9 violation. Mr. Buchanan will teach employers what to do now before an ICE inspection - conduct an internal I-9 audit, including how to correct errors on I-9 forms, and an effective Immigration Compliance Policy for your organization.
- Compliance obligations under IRCA
- I-9 changes in 2016-17
- Significant Changes in 2016
- No Significant Changes in 2017
- Impact of Increased ICE I-9 Inspections and Higher Penalties on Employers
- 5-fold Increase in ICE I-9 Inspections
- Penalties for Companies Committing I-9 Violations
- $95 Million - Highest Penalty Ever
- Doubling of I-9 Penalties
- Example of Impact of New Penalties
- Internal I-9 Audit
- Importance of internal self-audits;
- How to conduct a self-audit;
- How to accurately complete an I-9 form to determine worker Identity and eligibility;
- How to properly correct errors or missing data on the I- 9 forms;
- Importance of an Immigration Compliance Policy;
- Key terms that should be in your Immigration Compliance Policy
This webinar will teach participants the following:
- Employer’s I-9 compliance obligations;
- Changes made in I-9 form in 2016-17;
- How to determine whether employee authorized to work;
- Significance of internal I-9 audits;
- Why the difference between substantive and technical violation is important;
- How should I-9 errors be corrected or remediated; and
- Potential consequences and penalties from an ICE audit.
Who Should Attend
HR Professionals, Compliance Officers, payroll staff, in – house counsel, COOs, and owners of small companies
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Bruce E. Buchanan is a partner at Sebelist Buchanan Law PLLC at their Nashville and Atlanta offices, where he primarily represents employers in all aspects of immigration law, with a special emphasis on employer immigration compliance, as well as employment/labor law matters.
Mr. Buchanan received his law degree from the Vanderbilt University School of Law in 1982. He served as senior trial specialist for the National Labor Relations Board for 20 years. Mr. Buchanan also served for 12 years as Adjunct Professor at William H. Bowen UALR School of Law. After going into private practice in 2003, he worked at two law firms, including Siskind Susser P.C., before forming his own law firm in late 2015.
Mr. Buchanan authors his own blog on employer immigration compliance for ilw.com. He is also the editor of the Tennessee Bar Association's Immigration Law Section Newsletter and Labor & Employment Law Newsletter, and AILA’s Georgia-Alabama, Central Florida and South Florida’s Chapters Newsletter on 11th Circuit decisions, OCAHO decisions and BIA decisions. Mr. Buchanan recently served on the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s National Verification Liaison Committee. He is past-Chair of the TBA's Immigration Law Section and Arkansas Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section. Mr. Buchanan currently serves on the Board of Directors for the United Cerebral Palsy of Middle Tennessee and the Lupus Foundation – Mid-South.
Mr. Buchanan is admitted to practice in Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, and D.C. Circuit.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At