About The Event
Employers have always avoided the termination either because it is not easy to terminate someone or because it can be difficult to defend any allegations of wrongful termination. Cases of wrongful termination have emerged and increased since the late 2000 year. Research has identified the following factors in this increase:
- Employees more aware and knowledgeable of the workplace rights
- Employees taking chances in making “a killing” by charging discrimination
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) establishing increased awareness on how employees can make these charges
- New whistleblower protections for employees who turn in Employers
- More resources on websites by Department of Labor (DOL) providing employees with ways to confirm if Employers are violating current regulations
Because of these and other factors, Employers are now more than ever, at risk of litigation against termination decisions. The EEOC has established definitions and guidelines of what constitutes discrimination and what employees are part of “protected classes” and discrimination claims. Now that there have been additional protections under EEOC, Employers should consider these regulations and prepare for those potential Risks.
Employers need to be aware of the cost of these actions via litigation, fines & penalties and even criminal sanctions. Employers need to ask if they have the protections they need when they make decisions on termination, reduction in force, demotion, suspensions and disciplinary actions.
- Termination regulations in different states
- Retaliation Regulations and the impact in terminations
- Identification of Regulatory Agencies and the enforcement focus on Trending Workplace Regulations for 2017-2018
- Critical Reasons Why Managers Should be Trained on the Termination Best Practices to Ensure Safety From Potential Violence
- How Weapons Can Impact Termination Decisions
- How Managers Can be Vicariously liable for actions or non actions in the workplace and be fined instead of the Employer in some Termination Decision
- Which Regulations are More Than Likely to Target Employers on Termination Decisions
Learn how employees should be terminated with dignity respect and within regulations
- Learn how to mitigate wrongful termination allegations before they happen
- Create a termination checklist that will reduce your risk when making a decision to terminate
- Gain knowledge of the EEOC regulations and guidelines to prevent allegations of discrimination or wrongful termination
- Create a policy that will assist managers in terminating employees without fear of retribution from the regulatory agencies and employees
- Use training of your managers to reduce your risk since you can be held liable for Managers/Supervisors with bad management and poor judgment in handling employees
- Teach Managers how to document performance issues in preparation for
- Develop a termination process that will ensure consistency, fairness, objectivity and reduce risks
- Learn what factors can be an obstacle in ensuring a worry free termination process
- Learn how to handle volatile terminations including employees who own weapons, have history of aggressive behavior,domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, harassment, mental illness and other behavior issues that can pose a risk to Managers and employees
- Learn how Retaliation regulations need to be addressed before terminating an employee
- Free Volatile Termination Checklist for all attendees
- Free Legal 33 page Legal Report Article from Two Employment Law Attorneys on the Impact of Vicarious Liability for Managers in harassment cases.
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Professionals who handle employee relations issues
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At