About The Event
This is a very important time in history for low-income persons residing in public housing to receive the economic benefits of HUD Section 3. Given the high increase in unemployment due to COVID-19 Pandemic. Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports over 38 million persons are unemployed creating additional economic hardship for the vulnerable residents in public housing. The CARES Act Supplemental funding in addition to the FY 20 funding is being allocated across the country for specific HUD-funded housing projects. The projects are to ensure compliance with Section 3 requirements. Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 requires HUD-funded Public and Indian Housing assistance for modernization, operating, and development expenditures to provide economic opportunities for low-income residents and businesses.
This webinar will cover the PHA responsibilities under Section 3 including the:
- Facilitation of successful training and
- Employment programs for Section 3 low-income residents
- Review reporting, statutory and regulatory requirements to avoid non-compliance as well as costly penalties
- Proven Tips and safe harbors on avoiding non-compliance
- The development of a detailed Section 3 Plan
- Guide for PHAs to provide economic opportunities for Section 3 residents and businesses
- Factors required in the Section 3 Plan
- Tips on implementation for resident and business economic opportunities
- Steps in applying HUD income limits on Section 3 covered projects
- Section 3 Responsibilities of PHAs
- “Targeting Section 3 Workers” under the Proposed Rule
- How to determine Section 3 resident and Section 3 Business eligibility for economic opportunities
- What makes for a Good Section 3 Plan?
- Determine “triggers” of PIH covered funding
- Tips on ensuring Section 3 Compliance, reporting, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Review of applicable Income limits in Section 3
Who Should Attend
Public Housing Authorities, Section 3 Coordinators of PHAs, Section 3 Compliance Officers, Managers of Public and Indian Housing Programs, Affordable Housing Developers
Industries: Construction & Housing, Affordable Housing
Marilyn Patterson-James, M.S. Urban Affairs, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee - Principal, AMMIRACLE Government/Advisor Consultants - Chair, Southern California Affordable Housing Solutions - U.S. Department of Treasury, Certified Project Reviewer - U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (Retired)-Public & Indian Housing, Community Planning & Development, Labor Compliance, Multifamily, Environmental, Legal Division - California State University (Adjunct Professor)
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At