About The Event
Not understanding Fair Housing laws regarding assist animals can get your teams into hot water! We’ll explore the legal requirements surrounding assist animals, including a summary of the latest case law and HUD policies. Topics covered will include the differences between the assist animal requirements under the Fair Housing Act and ADA, multiple animals, dangerous breeds, exotics, liability insurance issues, and the role of local ordinances. I’ll make meaningful recommendations for assist animal policies including specific reasonable accommodation forms for use with requests, best practices for processing and evaluating requests and legal considerations when denying a request.
- Assistive animals are not pets
- What can I do/can’t I do regarding rules, fees and deposits for assistive animals?
- What’s the difference between a service animal and an ESA (Emotional Support Animal)?
- Do I have to accept certifications from Internet companies that advertise ESA certifications for sale?
- What’s the difference between the requirements of the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act and which one do I have to follow?
- Be able to comply with federal, state and local laws about assistive animals.
- Create policies, forms and workflows that support compliance with fair housing laws.
- Recognize and respond effectively to requests for accommodations for animals in no-pet communities.
- Handling requests for multiple animals
- Fees, deposits and other monetary considerations for animals.
- Breed, height and weight restrictions for assistive animals.
- Difference between a pet and an assistive animal.
- The different requirements of the FHA, the ADAAA and Section 504.
- Animal allergies at a no-pets property vs. presence of assistive animals.
- Answering the “Why do they have an animal – I thought pets weren’t allowed here?
Who Should Attend
Anyone in the multifamily rental or for-sale industry: Regional VP, Regional/Area Manager/Supervisor, Property Manager/Supervisor, Community Manager/Director, Leasing Manager, Leasing Professional, Maintenance Supervisor
You will get a PDF workbook with content and links to useful resources including access to HUD/DOJ guidance memos and sample form templates
Industries: Construction & Housing, Affordable Housing
Subjects: Fair Housing
Doug Chasick, That Fair Housing Guy™, is the former President of the Fair Housing Institute, Inc. With more than 45 years of investment real estate experience, he began as the Resident Manager of a 524-unit apartment property and has been the President or CEO of five real estate companies, responsible for portfolios of over 28,000 apartments, and more than 8 million square feet of commercial, retail and industrial properties. Doug was awarded his CPM® in 1979 and was a member of the IREM National Faculty for eight years. A Senior Instructor member of the NAAEI Faculty, he leads the Advanced Facilitator Training course, is the co-author of “Outstanding Facilitation Techniques”, and a co-author of the joint IREM & NAAEI “FHS 201: Fair Housing and Beyond” course. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker in Florida, a licensed Expert Fair Housing Instructor in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the recipient of the NAAEI Apartment Career & Education award and the Legends of the Industry award from Multifamily Professional.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited WebinarsSUBSCRIBE NOW
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Watch all live or recorded webinars (up to 120 minutes long). Get instant access to a library of more than 500 high quality courses presented by best-in-class presenters.
CEUs: APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI Credits
Fulfil your recertification requirements by earning CEUs from APA, CPE, SHRM and HRCI.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
Get flat 20% discount on Premium Product Category like, Long Hour Webinars.
Call Now At