About The Event
Not understanding Fair Housing laws regarding assist animals can get your teams into hot water! We’ll explore the legal requirements surrounding assist animals, including a summary of the latest case law and HUD policies. Topics covered will include the differences between the assist animal requirements under the Fair Housing Act and ADA, multiple animals, dangerous breeds, exotics, liability insurance issues, and the role of local ordinances. I’ll make meaningful recommendations for assist animal policies including specific reasonable accommodation forms for use with requests, best practices for processing and evaluating requests and legal considerations when denying a request.
- Assistive animals are not pets
- What can I do/can’t I do regarding rules, fees and deposits for assistive animals?
- What’s the difference between a service animal and an ESA (Emotional Support Animal)?
- Do I have to accept certifications from Internet companies that advertise ESA certifications for sale?
- What’s the difference between the requirements of the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act and which one do I have to follow?
- Be able to comply with federal, state and local laws about assistive animals.
- Create policies, forms and workflows that support compliance with fair housing laws.
- Recognize and respond effectively to requests for accommodations for animals in no-pet communities.
- Handling requests for multiple animals
- Fees, deposits and other monetary considerations for animals.
- Breed, height and weight restrictions for assistive animals.
- Difference between a pet and an assistive animal.
- The different requirements of the FHA, the ADAAA and Section 504.
- Animal allergies at a no-pets property vs. presence of assistive animals.
- Answering the “Why do they have an animal – I thought pets weren’t allowed here?
Who Should Attend
Anyone in the multifamily rental or for-sale industry: Regional VP, Regional/Area Manager/Supervisor, Property Manager/Supervisor, Community Manager/Director, Leasing Manager, Leasing Professional, Maintenance Supervisor
You will get a PDF workbook with content and links to useful resources including access to HUD/DOJ guidance memos and sample form templates
Industries: Construction & Housing, Affordable Housing
Subjects: Fair Housing
Doug Chasick, “The Apartment Doctor”, and former President of The Fair Housing Institute, has more than 45 years of investment real estate experience, and has been the President or CEO of five real estate companies, responsible for portfolios of over 28,000 apartments, and more than 8 million square feet of commercial, retail and industrial properties. Doug was awarded his Certified Property Manager designation in 1979 and was a member of the Institute of Real Estate Management National Faculty for eight years. He is a Senior Instructor member of the National Apartment Association Education Institute Faculty and leads the Advanced Facilitator Training workshop. A licensed Real Estate Broker in Florida, he is also a licensed Expert Fair Housing Instructor in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the recipient of the NAAEI Apartment Career & Education (ACE) award.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
Access Unlimited Webinars
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime.
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership.
Call Now At