About The Event
“They are often known as narcissists, bullies, and clever chameleons who knock down, but kiss up,” said Dr. Mitch Kusy, author of his newly released book, Why I Don’t Work Here Anymore: A Leader’s Guide to Offset the Financial and Emotional Costs of Toxic Employees. They shame, manipulate, and belittle in public and private as their modus operandi. Working with organizational leaders, HR feels the angst they cause, but are often unaware of how prevalent they are or how much they cost—in terms of money and team performance. What can HR do to both deal with them once they are in your organization, as well as how to prevent these Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydes from ever entering your company?
In this webinar, you will understand how how Dr. Kusy’s and his colleague’s national study of over 400 individuals provides critical answers for HR. Mitch’s heavily researched Toxic Cost Worksheet will demonstrate how HR can determine the financial ramifications of toxic people in you own organizations—up to 6% of total compensation costs…a way to help leaders understand that toxic people cost money!
Beyond financial costs, Mitch provides innovative and simple recruiting practices to avoid hiring these narcissistic personas in the first place. And what about those 51% of employees who are likely to quit because of a toxic person? Stay tuned for his innovative use of the exit interview that will help you realize how to make these really work for your organization.
He tackles the two top questions he has received from HR: How do I handle a toxic boss? How do I help organizations design cultures of everyday civility that mean business?
Strategies are easier when your toxic person has performance problems. But what about those toxic individuals who are your organizational stars? Mitch shares how giving feedback to a toxic star is painful, but it can be done quite effectively. He concludes this webinar by demonstrating how to integrate these strategies into daily practice—building new norms of respectful engagement that offset toxic behaviors. Positive organizational cultures are designed one strategy and one person at a time. He relates this through rich examples, robust practices, and clear strategies—all formed from research and evidence-based methods.
- 92% of employees rated the range of severity of toxic work behaviors 7 to 10 on a 10-point scale: How can HR reduce the severity of these behaviors?
- 94% of employees have worked with a toxic person in the past 5 years: What are best practices for HR intervention?
- 87% reported that team climate worsened: How can HR assess team climate with a simple and innovative assessment tool?
- 51% of your organization’s top talent is likely to quit because of a toxic person: What are top HR strategies to reduce this turnover?
- 90% of your customers who witness a toxic interchange between two employees tell others: How can HR prevent the erosion of your business?
- Only 6% of individuals impacted by a toxic person ever filed a formal complaint: What can HR do to increase this low reporting percentage?
- Create a safe, respectful work culture that impacts personal well-being and team performance
- Improve your bottom line by decreasing TOTAL compensation costs by 4% to 6%
- Decrease turnover by up to 12%
- Increase by 50% the number of individuals who report uncivil behaviors
- Identify toxic protectors and toxic buffers who enable toxic behaviors to continue
- Use new, simple recruiting practices so that toxic individuals don’t ever enter your organization
- Engage new forms of exit interviews that will stop toxic behaviors in their tracks
- Tailor your coaching of toxic individuals with templates based on whether the person is your peer, direct report, or boss
Industries: Human Resource, HR Compliance, Performanace Management
A corporate psychologist and 2005 Fulbright Scholar in Organization Development, Dr. Mitch Kusy is a professor in the PhD. Program, Graduate School of Leadership & Change, Antioch University. Mitch previously headed leadership and organization development at American Express and is now a renowned keynote speaker and consultant with hundreds of organizations nationally and internationally. Previous to his just-released book, Why I Don't Work Here Anymore: A Leader’s Guide to Offset the Financial and Emotional Costs of Toxic Employees, Mitch co-authored five business books—one a best-seller. In 1998, he was named Minnesota Organization Development Practitioner of the Year. He resides in Minneapolis and Palm Springs, and may be contacted at email@example.com or via his website at www.mitchellkusy.com. He can be followed on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-mitch-kusy/) and Facebook Business (www.facebook.com/mitchkusy/).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
All Access Membership
Let's get unlimited with compliance Prime All Access Membership Plans and Access Hundreds of Courses Each Year.
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Access any Live and On-Demand webinar from your computer, or mobile device.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-527-3477 or chat with us.