About The Event
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, will uncover the new features offered in Excel 2019 in this informative presentation. Because many users sit out one or more versions of Excel, David also will highlight features added in Excel 2016 and 2013. If you’re already using Excel 2019, you’ll discover how to take advantages of its new capabilities. Or, if you’re considering moving to Excel 2019, the presentation can help you determine if it’s right for you. In addition, David will compare Excel 2019 to the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel, which, unlike perpetually licensed products such as Excel 2019, sometimes evolves as often as monthly.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. You’ll also discover some features only available in Office 365, but not Excel 2019. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Who Should Attend:
Practitioners who wish to learn about the new features in Excel 2019, or those who are considering moving from an earlier version to this latest version.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Discovering new worksheet functions available in Excel 2016 and later.
- Determining if you have the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel or a perpetually licensed version.
- Jump-starting pivot tables by way of the Recommended PivotTables feature in Excel 2013 and later.
- Editing .PDF documents in Word 2013 and later—useful for unlocking data you wish to edit in Excel.
- Using Box and Whisker charts in Excel 2016 and later to show data by quartiles and identify outliers.
- Overcoming user interface annoyances by making simple adjustments to Excel’s options.
- Using Microsoft’s free Excel Online service to view and edit spreadsheets that use features from Office 365 that aren’t compatible with other versions of Excel.
- Modernizing tasks that involve combining text with the CONCAT function in Excel 2019 and later.
- Learning the benefits and risks of sharing workbooks via OneDrive in Office 365.
- Streamlining the process of printing spreadsheets to .PDF format.
- Mapping geographic data with just a couple of mouse clicks.
- Preventing pivot tables from automatically resizing columns when you refresh or filter the data.
- Recall the most effective means for converting an obsolete .XLS workbook into modern .XLSX and .XLSM file formats.
- Identify the chart form in Excel 2019 and Office 365 that displays data geographically.
- Identify the closest alternative to the SWITCH worksheet function that’s compatible in all versions of Excel.
Format: Live webcast
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
NASBA Field of Study: Computer Software & Applications (2 hours)
Program Prerequisites: None
Advance Preparation: None
Industries: Microsoft Office, Excel
Subjects: Microsoft Excel
Nationally recognized Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, later he began teaching continuing education classes as well. His mission since is to offer quality training and consulting services on Microsoft Excel via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. David has taught hundreds of webinars on Excel and other topics, in addition to speaking at conferences and in-house engagements.
Compliance Prime is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
All Access Membership
Let's get unlimited with compliance Prime All Access Membership Plans and Access Hundreds of Courses Each Year.
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Access any Live and On-Demand webinar from your computer, or mobile device.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-527-3477 or chat with us.