About The Event
This training will provide much needed guidance for Employers and Managers to ensure they develop, communicate and enforce appropriate policies based on the regulations. This is one of the new marijuana regulations that has emerged since 2018 and Employers must update their policies asap or risk fines and penalties.
- What is a true Drug-Free Workplace Program?
- How to create a Drug-Free Policy that meets Federal and Workers Compensation Guidelines
- What is the best type of drug testing?
- What components are necessary to create a Drug-Free Program
- How does and Employer manage their Drug-Free Program with the new Legalized Marijuana guidelines
- What can Employers do to keep control of their policies to maintain drug and alcohol restrictions
- Is Drug Abuse and Alcoholism a disability requiring reasonable accommodation
- How does Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) integrate with drug abuse and alcoholism?
- What are the components of a Drug-Free Program?
- Is your state required to be compliant with Drug-Free Program?
- What states have made changes in their regulations about medical or recreational Marijuana usage and the impact to the workplace policies preventing drug usage?
- Does your state have a drug free workplace mandate?
- Does your Company have a true Drug Free Workplace Program?
- Learn if you are actually compliant with the Workers Comp requirements of a Drug Free Program or lose the 4-5% discount;
- How will Employers mitigate drugfree workplaces with the new regulations?
- What will Employers need to do immediately?
- What about current drug testing screening policies?
- What other background screenings are impacted by the Marijuana regulations?
- What policies should be in place to comply with the new regulation?
- What protections do Employers have in the workplace?
- When does penalties and fines start?
- What issues will HR professionals have to manage with the new regulations?
- How will the federal authorities respond to the retail marijuana usage?
- Is Marijuana a reasonable accommodation?
Bonus Handouts: All Attendees will receive a Drug-Free Workplace Policy
Who Should Attend
- Board of Directors
- Leadership & Executives
- Program Managers, Office Managers (with HR Roles)
- HR Workplace Compliance Professionals (Officers, Directors, Managers and Specialists
- HR Professionals
- Office Managers and/or any professional on-boarding new hires
- Senior HR Professionals
- Operations Professionals
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Compliance Prime is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
Also, please check your junk mail or spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are still unable to find it, contact our Customer Service at (888) 527-3477, 8:00am-4:30pm EST Monday-Friday, for a new one.
For that, login to your user account. Go to Orders > Webinar. You will see a “Attendees” button. Click on that, it will go to Add Attendee page. There you can add Attendee details. Once you have added the details, you will be taken to Attendee Listing page, where you can see “Certificate Download” button to download certificate.
After you have purchased a recording, login to user account. Go to Orders->Recording tab. There you will find a Download link. Click on that to download the video.
Once you have purchased a On-demand video, login to user account. Go to Orders->On-demand tab. You will find a Watch Now button. Click Watch Now button to watch the video.
All Access Membership
Let's get unlimited with compliance Prime All Access Membership Plans and Access Hundreds of Courses Each Year.
Why You Should Subscribe?
Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
Attend any of our live webinars, more than 100 every year and all previously recorded webinars in On-Demand format related to HR, Payroll, Affordable Housing, Construction Law Management, Microsoft Office and Performance Management Office.
Access any Live and On-Demand webinar from your computer, or mobile device.
Unlimited SHRM and HRCI Credits
All our HR related programs are pre-approved for HRCI and SHRM credits, for which you don't have to pay anything.
Free Access to Course Materials
Each program comes with Additional Course Materials, which you can download and read anytime
If you have a group, we offer good discounts on group membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-527-3477 or chat with us.